Pale and interesting, this light greige quickly captures the imagination. Fabulously calming and understated. A nuanced neutral, appearing silvery grey in some lights whilst its beige notes appear in others.
This colour is also available in the soft-satin Trim Paint range.
Try before you buy! Make your decision simple by testing our Chalk Wall Paint colours at home. These 10ml paint sample sachet testers can be applied straight onto your wall or onto a piece of card, or strong paper, so you can move the colour around the room. This will help you to see how light and surroundings highlight tones and subtle hues.
For more information, see the Product Information tab above.
Frenchic Chalk Wall Paint is velvety, luxurious and practical! Ultra-matte with excellent coverage, this revolutionary product is durable, breathable and totally scrubbable with minimal VOCs and virtually no odour. But it’s not just for walls! It is also great for ceilings and other interior surfaces like woodwork, ceramic wall tiles and wood or concrete floors!
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use only
- Breathable, chalk and mineral paint formulated for walls. Also suitable for internal woodwork, powder coated radiators, wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Here is some useful information about painting tiles. Also wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note maintenance may be required in these situations.
- ISO11998 Class 1 Wet Scrub rating - completely scrubbable once cured
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2019+A1:2021
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- Finish – ultra matte
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement, such as a Paint Paddle, prior to each use
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- A 2.5l tin will provide a coat of up to 35m2, a 250ml tin, 3.5m2. For a durable finish, 2 coats are required, so your 2.5l tin should provide full coverage for approximately 17.5m2 on non-porous surfaces. Thinner application may affect durability. Porous surfaces will affect the rate of coverage and require additional coats.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting and clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint. Fill any holes/imperfections with a suitable filler.
- Recommended surface preparation in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse, dry, hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface and/or to smooth any protrusions after filling. Wipe off any dust, paint away!
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
Apply with a good quality brush or roller. Also suitable for spraying - thin with up to 15% tap water and apply additional coat(s).
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry).
- Curing time is up to 2 weeks in normal conditions. Treat the newly painted surface with care until then.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes/rollers in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint but colours can vary depending on a number of factors, including screen settings. This means that we cannot guarantee the paint will exactly match what you see on screen. Please order a colour chart, small tin or sample sachet (where available) or visit your nearest stockist to see the colours yourself.