- Voted best washable wall paint by the Good Housekeeping Institute
- Water based
- Suitable for any interior room, including kitchens and bathrooms
- Breathable, chalk and mineral paint formulated for walls. Also suitable for internal woodwork, powder coated radiators, wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Here is some useful information about painting tiles. Also wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note maintenance may be required in these situations.
- ISO11998 Class 1 Wet Scrub rating - completely scrubbable once cured
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2019+A1:2021
- Ingredients: Chalk, Clay, Titanium Dioxide, Resin, Talcum, Preservative
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- Finish – ultra matte
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement, such as a Paint Paddle, prior to each use
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- A 2.5l tin will provide a coat of up to 35m2. For a durable finish, 2 coats are required, so your 2.5l tin should provide full coverage for approximately 17.5m2 on non-porous surfaces. Thinner application may affect durability. Porous surfaces will affect the rate of coverage and require additional coats.
- Always ensure you have enough paint for your whole project. When more than 1 tin of the same colour is needed, it is good practice to ensure batch numbers are identical or to intermix batches prior to commencing painting.
- For new plaster, industry standard advice is to apply an initial mist coat - in which case you can thin Frenchic wall paint with tap water up to a maximum of 10%.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting and clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint. Fill any holes/imperfections with a suitable filler.
- Recommended surface preparation in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse, dry, hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface and/or to smooth any protrusions after filling. Wipe off any dust, paint away!
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
Apply with a good quality brush or roller. Also suitable for spraying - thin with up to 15% tap water and apply additional coat(s).
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry).
- Curing time is up to 2-3 weeks in normal conditions. Treat the newly painted surface with care until then.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes/rollers in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint but colours can vary depending on a number of factors, including screen settings. This means that we cannot guarantee the paint will exactly match what you see on screen. Please order a colour chart, small tin or sample sachet (where available) or visit your nearest stockist to see the colours yourself.