- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds), plus wood, concrete and laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations. Also suitable for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surface is in suitable condition for painting and free from grease, wax or penetrating substances. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry thoroughly. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight, only when the air and surface temperatures are between 10oC and 32oC and humidity is less than 85%. Do not apply if, in the following 48 hours, there is likelihood of rain, frost, fog, condensation or if the temperature is likely to drop lower than 10oC
- Exterior wooden surfaces in particular can retain moisture for up to 48 hours after rainfall or preparation. Ensure the items are thoroughly dry prior to painting.
- Apply with a good quality brush or roller
- To allow self-levelling, avoid overworking the paint
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats
- Curing (hardening) time is up to 3 weeks in normal conditions. Treat gently until curing is complete.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint. However, we cannot guarantee an exact colour replication as images can display differently due to screen types and device settings. In addition, colours can appear differently once in your home due to lighting and surroundings and can present differently depending on surface texture and porosity. There is no substitute for visiting a Stockist
to see the colours yourself or trying the paint by purchasing a smaller 250ml ‘Dinky’ tin.